If you or someone you're ordering for has a food allergy or intolerance, we recommend you phone the restaurant on 01214493230
Food Standard Agency Allergen rules
Allergenic ingredients must be indicated in list of ingredients with clear reference to name of the substance or product as listed in Annex II of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation No.1169/2011 and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No. 78/2014 amending Annex II to Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011. Annex II outlines the 14 allergens (and products thereof) that must be labelled or indicated as being present in foods and are:
* Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
* Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
* Milk (including lactose)
* Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
* Celery (including celeriac)
* Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg or 10mg/L in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
* Lupin, which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
* Molluscs like, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
The allergenic ingredients need to be emphasised using a typeset that clearly distinguishes it from the rest of the ingredients, for example by means of the font, style or background colour. Food businesses can choose what method they want to use to emphasise the 14 allergens on their product label.
Where several ingredients or processing aids in a food originates from a single allergenic ingredient, the labelling should make this clear for each ingredient or processing aid concerned. For example, skimmed milk powder, whey (milk), lactose (milk)
Where the name of the food (such as a box of eggs or bag of peanuts) clearly refers to the allergenic ingredients concerned, there is no need for a separate declaration of the allergenic food
· Where foods are offered to sale to the final consumer or to mass caterers without packaging, or where foods are packed on the sales premises at the consumer’s request or prepacked for direct sale, information about allergenic ingredients is mandatory and must be provided
· Allergen information must be provided for non-prepacked foods in written or oral formats with clear signposting to where consumers can obtain this information, when it is not provided upfront
Know the law
· There are both criminal and civil legal regimes that are relevant to the sale of foods containing allergens and the provision of 'allergen-free' lists. It is essential that these are given careful consideration.
· The following is a brief outline of the main provisions to assist manufacturers in identifying their legal obligations. It also suggests the appropriate courses of action in respect of good manufacturing practice and the provision of information for consumers.
· Manufacturers should seek their own legal advice as appropriate.
· The EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation (EU FIC) changes the way allergen information appears on labels and on food that is prepacked, sold loose or served when eating out. The EU FIC brings general and nutrition labelling rules together and simplifies and consolidates existing labelling legislation into a single framework.
· The regulation builds on the previous allergen labelling provisions for prepacked foods as well as extending the provision of allergen information to foods sold non-prepacked or prepacked for direct sale.
· 'Prepacked food'
· 'Prepacked' foods are foods, which have been put into packaging before sale (final consumer or to mass caterers), where there is no opportunity for direct communication between producer and customer, and the contents cannot be altered without opening or changing the packaging. For example, most pre-packed foods sold in supermarkets will fall under this definition, such as tinned food, ready-made meals or frozen food products.
· 'Prepacked for direct sale'
· Generally means those foods that have been packed on the same premises as they are being sold. In these situations, it is thought that the customer would be able to speak to the person who made/packed the foods to ask about ingredients and so these foods do not generally have to be labelled with ingredients by law. Foods which could fall under this category are meat pies made on site, and sandwiches made and sold prepacked or not pre-packed from the premises in which they were made.
· 'Non-prepacked'(Loose foods)
· Foods which are non-prepacked can be often described as foods sold loose. In a retail environment this would apply to any foods which are sold loose from a delicatessen counter (for example, cold meats, cheeses, quiches, pies and dips), fresh pizza, fish, salad bars, bread sold in bakery shops etc. In a catering environment this would apply to foods ready for consumption such as meals served in a restaurant, café or purchased from a takeaway.
Chicken Pieces Marinated In Indian Spices And Yogurt And Cooked In A Tandoor (mild)
Chicken Pieces Marinated With Indian And Chinese Spices served with onions and peppers (hot)
Fish Pieces Marinated With Indian And Chinese Spices served with onions and peppers (hot)
Prawns marinated with Indian ad Chinese spices served with onions and peppers (hot)
Samosa Served In Yogurt With Chickpeas, Tamarind Sauce And Mint & Coriander Sauce (medium)
Mixed Vegetable Fried Balls Marinated In Spices And Served In A Spicy Sauce (medium)
Wagon Grill Special Sizzler
Even More Chicken Tikka, Chicken Wings, Sheesh Kebabs, Lamb Chops But With Pieces Of Fish Pakora (mild)
Large Vegetarian Sizzler
Even More Paneer Tikka, Samosa, Vegetarian Kebabs And Soya Tikka (mild)
Chicken Pieces Cooked In A Tandoor In A Rich Cream Sauce With Butter And Blended With Spices. -Medium Spice
Chicken Tikka Masala
Tender Pieces Of Boneless Chicken, Tandoor Grilled And Cooked In Creamy Tomato Sauce And Flavoured With Fresh Spices - Medium Spice
Pieces Of Chicken Breast Cooked In Onions And Tomatoes With Hot Indian Spices - Hot
Pieces Of Chicken Breast Prepared With A Balanced Taste Of Hot & Sour Sauce - Hot
Pieces Of Chicken Tikka Prepared With Ground Spices And Sautéed With Tomatoes, Onions, Peppers And Green Chillies - Hot
Chicken Breast Pieces Cooked Delicately And Blended With Spices, Herbs, Coconut, Almonds, Cashew Nuts And A Creamy Mild Sauce - Mild
Desi Style Chicken Curry
Chicken Breast Pieces Cooked In Onions And Tomatoes And Indian Spices - Medium Hot
Chicken Breast And Spinach Cooked With Fresh Garlic, Onions, Herbs & Spices - Medium Hot
Chicken Breast Pieces Cooked In Fresh Tomatoes, Peppers & Onions With Fresh Indian Spices
Lamb Exquisitely Blended With Spices, Herbs, Coconut, Almonds, Cashew Nuts And A Creamy Mild Sauce - Mild
Small Pieces Of Lamb Cooked In Fresh Tomatoes, Peppers & Onions With Fresh Indian Spices - Medium Hot
Lamb Cooked In A Hot Curry Sauce Made With Lentils, Fresh Tomatoes And Coriander - Hot
Lamb Rogan Josh
Tender Juicy Pieces Of Lamb Cooked In A Traditional Style With Indian Spices And Fennel Seeds - Medium Hot
Tender Lamb Cooked In A Thick, Spicy Sauce With Herbs, Indian Spices And Fresh Tomatoes - Medium Hot
Pieces Of Fish Cooked In Onions And Tomatoes With Fresh Indian Spices - Medium Hot
Cottage Cheese Pieces Marinated With Indian Spices And Cooked With Onions And Peppers - Medium Hot
Fresh Potatoes And Cauliflower Cooked With Onions And Mixed Indian Spices - Medium Hot
Desi Style Soya Curry
Soya Pieces Cooked In A Thick, Spicy Sauce With Herbs, Indian Spices And Fresh Tomatoes
Soya Pieces Cooked In A Tandoor In A Rich Cream Sauce With Butter And Blended With Spices
The Children's Thalli-Chicken Korma
Four Small Portions In One Plate. The Thali Comes With Boiled Rice, Chips, Salad And Chicken Breast Pieces Cooked Delicately And Blended With Mild Spices, Herbs, Coconut, Almonds, Cashew Nuts And A Creamy Mild Sauce
The Children's Thalli-Chicken Tikka
Four Small Portions In One Plate. The Thali Comes With Boiled Rice, Chips, Salad And Tender Pieces Of Chicken, Tandoor Grilled And Flavoured With Mild Fresh Spices
There are no items in your basket
Thank you for registration. Please stay tuned for latest offers.
So we can check restaurant serves your area
Please wait, We are preparing your meal!
Changing serve style will clear cart. Are you sure! you want to proceed?